By Susan Briscoe
Those aren't your mother's purses; they're larger! long gone are the times of the fundamental black or brown bag that was once equipped extra for garage than for type. This intriguing advisor provides quilters the opportunity to teach off their skills, upload a fabulously exact bag to their very own cloth wardrobe or provide as a present, and examine new abilities too.
Acclaimed writer Susan Briscoe offers and impossible to resist new number of patchwork bag designs to excite and encourage bag-lovers all over. From beautiful night baggage to functional portfolios and powerful rucksacks, each one venture is gifted with complete step by step directions and illustrations, permitting you to create your individual special components conveniently, and prompting the query anyplace you pass: 'where did you get that bag?'
* thirteen units of specific designs to create 21 gorgeous bags
* instructions for making a number of luggage together with a tuck-in-bag, backpack, saddle bag, and digital camera satchel
* possibilities to delve into new thoughts on a small scale ahead of taking up larger projects
* crucial recommendation approximately settling on cloth and securing cozy sporting straps
Meet the Author
Susan Briscoe studied visible paintings and Drama on the college collage of Wales prior to relocating to Japan to educate English. right here she grew to become excited about eastern materials and their patchwork and quilting concepts. She has succeeded in combining her layout and needlework abilities with a necessity for useful components in her task as a footpath officer. Susan now writes and designs for needlecraft magazines and teaches bag making and sashiko quilting. She has exhibited at united kingdom nationwide quilting exhibits in addition to in Japan. Susan Briscoe lives in Wrexham, North Wales.
Read or Download 21 Sensational Patchwork Bags PDF
Similar crafts books
Crochet grasp type provides 18 crochet ideas taught through many of the world’s top crochet designers and teachers. each one bankruptcy specializes in a distinct strategy, inviting you to dip in, test, after which practice your newfound talents to create a customized piece designed by way of those crochet luminaries.
It's not only birdbrains that get pleasure from Birds of a Feather! There are flamboyant flamingos, owls (some clever, a few no longer so), a fiery phoenix and a flock of alternative polymer clay creations. Christi's hot writing kind and worthwhile nudgings will fire up your creativity and mind's eye. The emphasis is on colour and composition however the actual deal with is in seeing how you can upload elaborations of stones, pearls, beads and combined media for your creations.
Every body has a sock or and not using a mate, misplaced to the abyss of the dryer, yet what to do with this lonely laundry left-over? fear now not! the last word Sock Puppet ebook can assist you craft whimsical, quirky creatures so you might create with just a few low-cost fabrics and imagination.
Moving from the easy to the extreme, authors Tiger Kandel and Heather Schloss will take readers on a trip in the course of the very good international of sock puppets. research secrets and techniques to fable creatures, animals, or even human portrait puppets. With trademark recommendations, easy-to-follow directions, illustrations, stencils, and pictures your misfit socks will remodel into characters which are lively and character.
Have the desire to make a special cover? Or Anthropologie-worthy curtains? glance no extra than Quilting step-by-step! choked with easy-to-follow ideas, Quilting step-by-step provides sensible suggestion on easy methods to create distinct patchwork masterpieces that
- Vintage Crochet For Your Home: Best-Loved Patterns for Afghans, Rugs and More
- Classic Carving Patterns
- Origami Paper: Abstract Patterns
- Martha Stewart's Favorite Crafts for Kids: 175 Projects for Kids of All Ages to Create, Build, Design, Explore, and Share
- 25 Kites That Fly
- Making Natural Milk Soap (Storey's Country Wisdom Bulletin A-199)
Extra info for 21 Sensational Patchwork Bags
Inside reverse fold corners. 7 . Crease and open as shown. indd 22 5 . Tuck areas marked under flap below. * 8 . Fold corner as shown. 6 . Mountain fold pre-existing crease. 9 . Fold to bisect marked angle. Enhanced Sonobes 8/13/2010 4:45:27 PM 10. Fold flap back up. 12. Repeat Steps 7–11 on the reverse side. 11. Fold as shown. x 30 Reorient the unit so that you are looking down at the point shown. Gently pull flaps out so that the unit now looks like the figure below. Note that flaps A and B need to be pulled out AFTER assembly.
Valley fold to match dots. 13. Valley fold tip. 14. Unfold Steps 13 and 12. Finished Template Unit 15. Repeat Steps 12–14 at the back and then open to Step 5. indd 46 Bold lines represent creases that we are interested in for the actual models. Patterned Dodecahedra II 8/13/2010 4:46:03 PM Umbrella Dodecahedron First, make one template unit as previously described on page 45. Then, fold 30 units following the diagrams below. Use same size paper for the template and the model. 2 1 2. Lay on template and make the mountain creases.
2. Mountain fold and open corners, then curve unit gently towards you, bringing top edge to the bottom. Make curve firm but DO NOT form any crease. Release curve and insert tab into pocket. Curves will reappear during assembly. (shown truncated) Other tab-pocket pair is not shown. back side Turn over Lock and assemble exactly as in Plumeria Floral Ball (with hidden locks). There will be tension in the units so you may use aid such as miniature clothespins which may be removed upon completion. indd 36 Floral Balls 8/13/2010 4:45:46 PM Primrose Floral Ball Finished Unit Locking x 30 Pocket Tab Note that a tab-pocket pair is at the back.
21 Sensational Patchwork Bags by Susan Briscoe