By Ben Q. Li
This brief and concise primer takes the vantage element of theoretical physics and the solidarity of physics. It units out to strip the burgeoning box of quantum info technology to its fundamentals via linking it to common ideas in physics. an in depth lecture instead of a finished textbook, this quantity relies on classes introduced over numerous years to complex undergraduate and starting graduate scholars, yet primarily it addresses someone with a operating wisdom of uncomplicated quantum physics. Readers will locate those lectures a so much sufficient access aspect for theoretical reports during this box.
Read Online or Download A Short Course in Quantum Information Theory: An Approach From Theoretical Physics PDF
Best quantum theory books
As an electric engineer with an curiosity in physics & cosmology, i discovered Dr Deutsch's ebook a superb learn. not just does he current logical speculations to give an explanation for inconsistences in quantum mechanics & cosmology, yet he accomplishes this in a simple, comprehensible & every now and then funny demeanour.
This e-book presents an advent to conformal box idea and a overview of its purposes to serious phenomena in condensed-matter platforms. After reviewing basic section transitions and explaining the principles of conformal invariance and the algebraic equipment required, it proceeds to the specific calculation of four-point correlators.
- Einführung in die Quantenphysik: Experimentelle und theoretische Grundlagen mit Aufgaben, Lösungen und Mathematica-Notebooks
- The Cellular Automaton Interpretation of Quantum Mechanics
- A quantum approach to condensed matter physics
- Applied Bohmian mechanics : from nanoscale systems to cosmology
Extra info for A Short Course in Quantum Information Theory: An Approach From Theoretical Physics
This duration is particularly short when qubits are transmitted by light. The simplest classical cryptography is based on a secret-key. This may be a sequence of binary digits which is known exclusively by the authorized parties (Alice and Bob) who will utilize the key to encode secret messages to each other. In course of distribution of the key between the authorized parties it may go through the hands of the unauthorized person (Eve) and she might unnoticedly read and copy the key. Even if Eve does not learn the exact key she can still break the secrecy of the communication between Alice and Bob.
7. The present Chapter teaches the elements of q-state manipulation and various simple instances of the q-informatic approach. 1 One-qubit operations We present the reversible logical operations on single qubits, whose combinations can represent all unitary one-qubit operations. Then we discuss the example of depolarization q-operation generated by polarization measurements. We learn the notorious polarization reflection which is not a q-operation: by classical analogy it were realizable but it turns out not to be so.
List the necessary conditions on the wn ’s and an ’s. 7 Composite q-system, pure state Even the simplest q-systems can not exhaustively be discussed without the concept of composite systems. As we shall see, the reason is q-correlations between otherwise independent q-systems. While classical correlations permit separate treatment of local systems, q-correlations will only permit this with particular limitations. The mathematics of composite q-systems will be introduced from the aspect of q-correlations (entanglements).
A Short Course in Quantum Information Theory: An Approach From Theoretical Physics by Ben Q. Li