By S. m. Drobenkov
This ebook summarizes the result of a long term research of amphibian distribution, ecology and morphology within the Republic of Belarus. For all amphibian species similar to Triturus vulgaris, T. cristatus, Bombina bombina, Pelobates fuscus, Bufo bufo, B. viridis, B. calamita, Hyla arborea, Rana temporaria, R. arvalis, R. ridibunda, R. lessonae and Rana esculenta, geographical and habitat distribution, assemblage constitution, feeding, task, copy and improvement are defined. unique research of morphological edition and the differentiation of populations by means of panorama areas are given. neighborhood difficulties of anthropogenic strain and technique of species conservation are mentioned. The ebook can also serve a consultant to the amphibians of Belarus and will good be utilized by either experts and amateurs.
Read or Download Amphibians of Belarus PDF
Best zoology books
Advances within the examine of habit was once initiated over forty years in the past to serve the expanding variety of scientists engaged within the research of animal habit. That quantity remains to be increasing. This quantity makes one other very important ''contribution to the improvement of the field'' via offering theoretical rules and learn to these learning animal habit and to their colleagues in neighboring fields.
Fish Conservation deals, for the 1st time in one quantity, a readable reference with an international method of marine and freshwater fish variety and fishery source concerns. Gene Helfman brings jointly on hand wisdom at the decline and recovery of freshwater and marine fishes, offering ecologically sound solutions to biodiversity declines in addition to to fishery administration difficulties on the subsistence, leisure, and advertisement degrees.
In exploring socially-maintained behavioral traditions in animals except people, this research treats traditions as organic phenomena amenable to comparative evaluate within the comparable approach as different organic phenomena. excited by how extensively shared beneficial properties of social lifestyles and studying skills can result in traditions in lots of species, it differs from different books in its emphasis on specific evaluate of different theories and strategies, and within the breadth of species lined.
- Manual de Zoologia, Tomo II: Poriferos. Cnidarios. Platelmintos. Rotiferos. Nematodos. Anelidos
- Handbook of Small Animal Practice 5th Edition
- Bowerbirds (Australian Natural History)
- grzimek's animal life encyclopedia. birds i
- Advanced Distance Sampling: Estimating Abundance of Biological Populations
- Mysterious Creatures: A Guide to Cryptozoology, 2 Volume Set
Additional resources for Amphibians of Belarus
28. The most characteristic difference of the Edible Frog is hind leg length and color of the vocal sacs. If one presses the thighs to shins and arranges them perpendicularly to the Fig. 28. Distribution of Rana esculenta in Belarus. THE AMPHIBIANS OF BELARUS 53 body axis, the talocrural joints adjoin each other (Fig. 29). The inner metatarsal tubercle is higher than in the Marsh Frog (Fig. 30). The color of the vocal sacs of most males is grey. Coloration, as a rule, is very bright green, sometimes with an olive tint.
Size and body proportions of Rana esculenta from the territory of Belarus (n=204).
5 mm. Larvae form aggregations (Fig. 18). Tadpoles in later stages of development have a typical middorsal stripe (Fig. 19). Lengths of metamorphs are 12–18 mm, and densities in riparian zones can reach 32–55 specimens/m2. 3 km. Fig. 18. Aggregation of Bufo calamita tadpoles. Fig. 19. Metamorphosing tadpole of Bufo calamita (Zasulie, Vileika). THE AMPHIBIANS OF BELARUS 35 Table 10. Body proportions of Bufo calamita from the territory of Belarus (n=153). 3 m) and warm during the day, and as a rule, vegetation is lacking.
Amphibians of Belarus by S. m. Drobenkov